October 22, 2008

We're Still Here

Hello everyone!!

If we still have readers out there you will soon find out why we have been such slackers at posting. So here is a quick update and what we have been up to. First, with about 2 months left to our due date David got offered a new job. We were not looking for a new job, especially with the baby coming so soon but it is an amazing opportunity for us and for career advancement for David. With David's old job he was designing the ads for web pages, but now he is designing how users interact with the website it is the direction he is really hoping to take his career in. It is also cool that he is working for Ancestry.com so he is helping with genealogy which is really cool. So we had a big family discussion if this was the right time for such a big change and that is what we did, he turned in his 2 week notice. During that 2 week notice we had already decided that we were redoing our kitchen because we didn't even have enough storage for us let alone baby items. So David got to work and this is what he did, my husband is amazing!!






Yup, that's right David ripped out all of the cabinets, mounted all the new cabinets, put the hardwood floor back in. The only thing he didn't do was the granite counter tops. Now what have I been up to while David has been so busy. First I went back to teaching when school started and yesterday was my last day, now making me available to post. I took the summer off which was amazing and spent it getting the house, baby's room, and getting all my sub plans ready so I could take enough time off with the baby. I have also been very, very busy going a very large baby who is due 15 days from tomorrow (everyone cross their fingers that it will be sooner than that). Also you have to excuse the pictures we always seem to take them right before bed when I am exhausted.


23 Weeks


32 Weeks


36 Weeks


My next post will be soon because we had some visitors this summer as well as the finished kitchen and nursery. I also hope to be posting soon about the birth of our son. Hope everyone is doing well.

7 comments:

Hill Family said...

OH Abby, I really do hope that he comes sooner than two weeks!! I can't wait to see the little guy and I also want to see your nursery:)

jamie lynette said...

Glad to see you're still hanging in there! You're kitchen looks awesome.

You look great! Good luck the next few weeks...and months :) Hope all goes well.

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'd like to take credit for this post since I harrassed you over the phone the other night about pictures. :) We are all thinking about you and can't wait to see what this baby will look like!! Take Care (and get lots of rest!)

Ryan and Melissa said...

Thanks for the update! You are looking great! Keep us posted on everything.

Lisa said...

I know you are probably sick of being pregnant, but remember once they're out you're on their schedule. Enjoy the last moments of just you and hubby while you can. Go catch a movie or go to eat. You look good,as does the kitchen. We better see some posts of the boy when he comes. I hope you have an uneventful delivery!

Nate said...

I love the new post. Your kitchen looks awesome. Can't wait to hear about when the baby comes and to see pictures of the nursery. Congrats to David with the new job. We really need to hang out more since we live so close. Especially because we will be moving who knows where in June.

Leah Armstrong said...

What are you gonna name the little guy? I wanna see nursery.

You look great!! I gained 70lbs and lost it all, plus some!!

Love ya girl!